08 October, 2004

Oh No! Not the F Word Again!

Yesterday, my almost eight-year-old son lost a tooth at school. When it was time for bed he realised he'd forgotten to bring it home, so had to write a note to the Tooth Fairy. In the note, he said he would leave the tooth the following night and could he please have his money.

Today, he left the tooth at school again. When he went to bed he wrote another note, explaining the situation and promising to leave the tooth under his pillow tomorrow night.

He read the note out to me and I almost fell through the floor when he calmly said, "I'm sorry Tooth Fairy, I'm afraid it's the F word again". I braced myself for what might be to come ... you can imagine my relief when he went on to say "Yes, I FORGOT it today as well".

4 comments:

Brom said...

Hilarious!!, one of the Brom-ites burst into tears one bedtime prior to a visit by the tooth fairy. "I don't want her to have it... It's MY tooth!!" ...saved us some money!!

Sam said...

that's SO cute.
oh what i miss out on my not having any sprogs....

Unknown said...

Man there is alot of comment spam I have noticed. Is there any way to remove it from the blogs?

Toby said...

Interresting thoughts