17 September, 2004

Blithering Blogrolls

OK folks, we've got problems. The Blogrolling site is VERY POORLY (as I explained in my last blog) and I've found other sites today that are taking forever to load. When they do load, there is no Blogroll there, but it's obvious there should be.

I tried disabling mine but that didn't work, so I've removed it totally and the page loads in record time now. I suggest all of you with Blogrolls do the same until the site is sorted out, otherwise you are going to scare all your potential visitors away because it takes me about a minute to load these sites and I'm on 500K broadband. I hate to think how long it's taking for people on dial-up - probably so long they time-out.

Of course, this means that epistemological (try saying that when you've had a few) cannot reinstate me on her Blogroll, at least not for the moment. I shall, of course, be sending her regular reminders so she doesn't forget. In the meantime, if you click on the link to visit her page (which you will find at the bottom of her comment), please be patient if her blog takes a long time to load, depending on whether or not she has taken her Blogroll off yet.

I'm sure there was something else I wanted to say, but I can't remember what it was. I will therefore leave this unposted until I return from collecting my son from school. It may come to me en route. *

By the way, I've put a handy link to the Blogrolling site on this entry - you can try it out by clicking on the title (Blithering Bogrolls). Sometimes I can be both ingenious and helpful.

* It didn't.

STOP PRESS
Please scroll up and change "ingenious" to "stupid". I have had to take the handy link to Blogrolling off because ... well, because it stopped my blog from loading. DUHHHHHHHH.

No comments: