12 September, 2004

Momentary Flashes on the Pan

I would like to thank Blog Bloke for letting me know how to reduce the number of entries that appear on my page. I have now been able to remove some of them and the page is much easier on the eye now, I think.

Now all I need to do is work out why my coloured slider bars are visible on the preview page but not on the published page and why the top line of every post is right-justified on the preview page but not on the published page. And I will find out, because I'm nothing if not stubborn.

Talking of Blog Bloke, yesterday I was reading one of his postings, Momentary Flash of Brilliance, where he talks about inspiration striking in awkward places, such as when you're on the toilet.

This happens to me all the time and I have to admit that most of my best ideas come to me when I am performing my ablutions. This is understandable though, as I do seem to have more ablutions to perform than the average person. So much so, that I was once crowned "Toilet Queen" after a vote between fellow members of my cribbage league.

Having lost several good ideas through forgetting them by the time I've finished abluting (I don't think that word exists, but I like the sound of it), I have taken to leaving pen and paper within easy reach of the toilet so I can use them if inspiration strikes at an awkward moment, but they always disappear before I have chance to use them.

It doesn't take much imagination to work out what visitors to my toilet might be doing with the paper, but I don't like to dwell too long on what they might be doing with the pens.

2 comments:

Blog Bloke said...

Glad to be of service WW. Problem is, you've now got me dwelling on what your guests are doing with the toilet paper!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment on my Blog, I would guess that all you problems with everything stem from your early life in Goole - It scars you, everything else seems magnificent in comparison. I was at GGS too, 1962 - 69. we'll have to start our own web ring; Blogging Goolies.