19 September, 2004

Are You Norwegian?

"Bra side - vel vært ett besøk. Flere interesante artikler, linker, mulighet for gratis legging av kort pr. e-mail m.m."

Three people have visited my tarot site today from a foreign site that for some reason is linking to it. I went there to find out what they had to say about me, which was when I discovered it was a foreign site. I thought maybe it was Danish or something, but I stuck the text in a language identifier and apparently it's Norwegian. I therefore desperately need someone familiar with Norwegian to translate the above for me.

I am most concerned about the first two words, particularly the first. What has my site to do with brassiers? It seems that several other sites they link to are connected with brassiers, too. And what does the "side" bit mean? Brassiers on the side? As for that sixth word, is it saying I am berserk?

I think maybe words 7-9 ("Flere interesante artikler") mean "Very interesting articles", "linker" is obviously "links", but then we have another strange phrase: "mulighet for gratis legging". Now, gratis must be "free", but since when was I offering free leggings? Then again, it could be that I am offering "mulighets" in exchange for free leggings.

And "mulighet" - is that "mullet"? I don't have a mullet, I didn't even know what they were until the other day. Crikey, they were in fashion when I was a teenager and I had one then, we all did. I even had a mullet wig, which got me into no end of bother (it's a sorry tale involving nails, vegetables, lost jobs and a lot of spilt milk and you can read all about it here). I am going to assume this phrase is referring to free tarot readings, except they're not free anymore.

"av kort pr" ... this sounds like a virus someone's picked-up. Hope they didn't catch it on my site.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

IKEA used to sell a Bra Cabinet - that worried me.