19 September, 2004

Illegal Farting in the Gym

I went into Outlook Express earlier and immediately committed an illegal operation (coupled with a strange farting noise). I rebooted twice, but it kept doing it. Turned out the only way I could get it working again was to delete my folders.dbx file, which basically meant I lost all my emails.

Now, this is a disaster for me because I have a LOT of impor­tant info stored in emails, but so far the only programs I've found that will retrieve them need paying for. I can't see the point of an email program that is going to do this sort of thing, because it's not the first time it's happened. Apparently OE isn't meant to be used as a filing system, but where else can you store the emails? If you take them out of OE, it can't read them. Well, it can if you convert them to eml files as opposed to dbx files, but I think you probably need a program to do that, too.

Talking of farting (as opposed to strange farting noises), my daughter was pushed down a level in P.E. (Physical Education) on Friday because she farted in the gym. Actually, it was more because she couldn't stop laughing about it and disrupted the class because nobody else could stop laughing about it either. Stupid reason to push somebody down a level if you ask me. I can only assume the teacher was jealous because her farts have never been anything to laugh about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

have you tried the new release of thunderbird