19 September, 2004

Astrologically Knitting Chocolate Music

I did this zodiac quiz the other day and it gave me a Gemini personality, like so:

Discover your Zodiac Personality
Discover your Zodiac Personality @ Quiz Me


Now, this is quite interesting because I'm actually a Scorpio (very much so) with Virgo rising and a large clump of planets in Libra. For those to whom it makes sense, I have all my planets in one half of my chart (houses 1-6) and an unaspected Sun. To those who can make no sense of this, read on ...

The fact that I came out as a "Gemini personality" is interesting insofar as Gemini is on my Midheaven, which basically means I am most suited to careers associated with that sign, which in its very basic sense means I should follow a career which involves using words. Well, I have no argument with that.

I also have to admit that the description of me is spot-on, especially the last bit. I never finish anything. I have a box upstairs full of things I started knitting, mainly for my eldest daughter when she was little. She's 24 now. Even my youngest daughter (half her age) would be too old for them if I suddenly thought "I want to KNIT!" and finished them. One thing the above description failed to mention was "You never throw anything away". It also failed to mention that sometimes I do strange things that don't fit in with my Eccentric Bohemian Hermit personality at all, such as making clothing items with needles and balls of wool.

I have to admit that I've never really got on with Gemini people. This isn't surprising though, as the majority of Water signs find Air Signs too shallow. This isn't meant to be insulting, it's simply that Water signs are very deep and Air signs aren't, they're far more wysiwyg. Water signs could never be described as wysiwyg. My mother is an Air sign (Aquarius) and we've always clashed, because she simply can't see beyond the surface of anything. It's either black or it's white, there are never any grey areas. My life consists of nothing but grey areas.

I have two sons who are Air signs, too. They were both meant to be Scorpios but they were born too soon (my eldest only had to be a few days late but no, he had to be a typical Libran and arrive on the exact day he was due) and they are just the same - it either is or it isn't, there is no room for manouevre. At least my other three came out right - two Cancerians (both born on the same day, ten years apart) and a Pisces.

For those of you who know who I am talking about, my natal chart (horoscope to those not in the know) is more or less exactly the same as that of the Scottish singer Lulu. We were born on the same day (a few years apart) and our Ascendants are almost exactly the same. All our planets are in the same places, too, apart from one - Jupiter. Lulu has this smack-bang in her first house, giving her opportunity by the bucketload, whereas mine is somewhere where it doesn't do me any good at all (I forget where). I could easily have met Lulu, too (although I didn't), because my mother used to work with her auntie, although she never called her Lulu, she called her "Our Marie".

And yes, I can sing - very well, as it happens. I was once mistaken for Kate Bush and offered the chance to make a demo disc, but I turned it down. I'm far too introverted to stand on a stage and open my mouth - ugh, the thought makes me want to be sick. Unless something has gone wrong somewhere astrologically-speaking, poor Lulu must have consumed thousands of anti-panic tablets in her career. I feel for her, she's my astrological sister.

My youngest daughter can also sing. She's been given the lead several times in her school Christmas concerts and she's been writing her own songs (music and lyrics)since she was knee-high to the proverbial grasshopper. They're incredibly mature too (usually about lost love, except she's never had a love to lose yet, she's only twelve). Her voice is sort of turning operatic, which is a great shame because I can't afford to send her for training. The amount these voice coaches charge is unbelievable, we wouldn't be able to eat for a week. My middle son can also sing, he was in the Welsh Eisteddfod several years in a row singing solo and my youngest son is also quite the little warbler.

Talking of my youngest son, at the moment he is in Birmingham at the Cadbury's chocolate factory. I have no doubt that he will come home covered from head to foot in gooey brown stuff, which will be inconvenient to say the least as my washing machine isn't working. This is because whenever I have used it recently it has been leaking from the pipe at the back and now it won't come on when I switch it on. My cooker won't work either, but luckily I have a combination microwave/oven so I use that.

Here endeth today's lesson on "How to go from astrology to broken domestic appliances via knitting, middle-aged popstars, singing and chocolate in one easy blog posting", otherwise known as "How to prattle on about a load of absolute rubbish because you've got nothing better to do and you really love annoying people".

No comments: