21 September, 2004

Yeah, I Know, You Got the P Upside-Down

OK, time for a rant. I've spared you long enough and now I simply must let rip.

First of all, I would like to say that as an atheist I would not consider myself able to declare myself as such if I hadn't made a study of the Bible. In my humble opinion, it's somewhat foolish to say you don't believe in something or disagree with it if you know nothing about it (although the logic behind this seems to escape the non-atheists). However, I do feel that something is slightly cockeyed when an atheist knows more about the Bible than someone who calls themselves a "pastor".

I'm not going into any great detail because you never know who's watching and I don't want to be sued for libel (hey, that rhymes with Bible). All I will say is this: Shouldn't a "pastor" know the difference between "John the Baptist" and "John the BABtist"???

And to all the Christian fundamentalists who are reading this and about to send me a message like the one at the end of this entry, study this first:

I am Nothing!

Which Enemy of the Christian Church Are You?
Take More of Robert & Tim's Quizzes

The only thing I would take issue on here is the not being interested in the meaning of life bit as quite the opposite is true. I have always spent a great deal of time pondering that question and I still haven't come up with any real answers, although I have an awful lot of theories. Needless to say, none of them involve religion.

Maybe now I'll get a fair sprinkling of comments?!

No comments: