08 October, 2004

Celine Dion is Haunting My Computer!

My computer is acting very strangely, very strangely indeed. I know there is probably a simple technical explanation for what I am about to tell you, but not being technically-minded I have no idea what it might be. Needless to say, if anyone reading this does have an idea, please tell me.

Last night, before I went to bed, I played a few games of back­gammon on said computer. At that point, there were no other programs running. After I'd finished, I clicked the start button, then the shutdown button. At the same time as I pressed the latter, the most amazing thing happened. CELINE DION SANG TO ME.

I kid you not, Celine Dion really did start singing to me. She was singing "Titanic" and the actual words she sang were "Once more, you opened the door, and you ...", at which point she was cut off in her prime because the computer closed down. I sat there open-mouthed, I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I do have that song on my hard-drive, but I haven't played it in a while and I'd had none of my music players running yesterday. How could Celine just start singing to me like that?

This morning I switched on the computer and as my desktop appeared, so did Celine. This time she sang "Near, far, wherever you are" at me. She stopped there, at the point where all the icons appeared and the desktop was fully loaded. I decided to try rebooting to see what happened and this time she started singing when I hit the restart button - the same words exactly as she sang to me last night when I shut down.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! As I said, I'm sure there's a rational explanation for this (although I wouldn't be saying that now if I didn't have that song on my hard drive, I'd be calling Psychics Anonymous). And even if there is a rational explanation, could those words mean anything? Is someone from afar going to open a door to me? Is this a real door, or a metaphorical door?

You've got to admit, this is mighty peculiar. I'm not averse to a nice song, but Celine really shouldn't start singing at people like that unannounced, it just isn't right. If anyone else has experienced Celine Dion singing to them like this (or any other person), or if you have even the remotest inkling what this is all about, please let me know.

9 comments:

Rev. Kimberly Rich said...

Oh I so know what happened. I know this because something similar happened to me once. I had just loaded a new desk top theme onto my computer. I loved the movie Princess Mononoke. It was about midnight and there was an error. My computer said very distinctly, "There is a demon inside of you". Then shut down. Needless to say I was shaken enough that I didnt think about the fact that it was line from that movie.

I was telling a friend of mine about it, and how much it freaked me out. That was when he informed me that Desk top themes have sounds for all the things your comp does. Start up, shut down and errors... all of that. Celine is singing because she is part of the sound files for your new theme.

Love and Light,
Robyn

Unknown said...

Oh gosh how scary... and Robyn's was totally creepy!

Hope Celine only comes back when invited from now on :)

hippie

Anonymous said...

celine changed your template

Brom said...

hello! wow Celine Dion, impressive, my PC once started "Quacking" randomly. You may want to run a virus and hijack checker, you may have been infected by some trojan or other... I hope not!

Sleekblackmercedes said...

cool blog...any tips on tarot cards? just bought myself a pack... :)

Anonymous said...

FYI it's not Celine Dion, it's 'SEALION DYIN' for obvious reasons!

You make me laugh.

She makes me want to pour acid in my ears to make it stop.

peg said...

Hey Girl!
Where ya been??????
we need more Witty Woman stuff.
peg
www.haikuvenue.com

Unknown said...

what happened to you on october 8th
were you abducted by aliends or worse yet Celine Dion

SweetSurrender said...

The Celine Dion thing really cracked me up! So did the comment from the person who said they found her hiding in their basket at the top of the stairs. ;-) Good stuff!

Just browsing and found your blog. Can't wait to read more!

Smudge