15 February, 2007

Obsessed With Flashing Lights

Without further ado I will start catching-up on the last couple of years or so. We'll start with why I disappeared back in October 2004, although you might find it hard to believe, or parts of it anyway.

It happened like this. There I was, sat at my computer thinking about posting a blog entry, when without warning there was this incredible flash of light and a voice came out of the ether and said: "Woman! Get off your arse and do something useful for a change!". Well, to say I was flabbergasted would be an understatement. I swear my gast had never been so flabbered. What could I do but obey? Voices don't come out of the ether that often, especially not accompanied by incredible flashes of light. I simply couldn't ignore it.

So, what useful thing did I do? Well, I went into the hall, picked up the jiffy bag that had just plopped onto my doormat, opened it, took out my brand-new The Sims 2 cd, put it into my disc drive ... well, that was that. I was totally hooked and forgot all about my blogs. I get these obsessions, you see, and I tend to jump from one to the next without warning. It can be quite unnerving at times. I did briefly think about starting a Sims 2 blog, but I never got around to it because I was too obsessed with playing it.

I have to say that part of the above explanation isn't entirely true, but you'll have to decide for yourself which part. In case you're wondering, my obsession with TS2 lasted almost 2 years, when it was replaced by an obsession with something not entirely dissimilar, but different. This in turn led to an obsession with something even better which is part of the first obsession but also separate from it, but I may decide not to go into that, at least not for the moment.

That's all for now. I need more comments on this and the previous one before I give anymore away. I know people are still reading this blog, otherwise it wouldn't have a 4/10 Google rating almost 2 1/2 years after it was last updated. That tells me that it has continued to be very popular and that I am probably the most undiscovered talent on the planet. Then again, it could be because of all the idiots who've been coming here spamming me about boobies, car insurance and tarot cards. I knew there had to be a catch somewhere.

5 comments:

RS said...

I swear my gast had never been so flabbered.
- I'm reminded of Frankie Howerd in Carry On up the Jungle. Thanks for visiting!

Witty Woman said...

Ah, was it Frankie Howerd who said that, I knew somebody did. Used to say it all the time once upon a time. Heard it again the other day and thought "I have to say that again", so I worked it into the blog entry.

Unknown said...

all I can say is surely only people from Goole could give up 2 years of their lives to the Sims

Witty Woman said...

You will see from Christine's post how much she has missed me, it just shines through, doesn't it. But she's right about people from Goole. We are a VERY odd bunch.

Froggy Woogie said...

The creatures who kidnapped you 2 years ago dropped you right into my blog comment page for your coming back into our world. See what teases they can be! Thank you for your answer btw :)