17 February, 2007

What's In a Word Word Word ...

Quite a lot actually, at least if you take the initital letters of "Word Word Word" and come up with WWW. Ever since regurgitating this blog I've been somewhat confused as to why sometimes it has a 4/10 Google rating and sometimes it doesn't have one at all and I've finally solved the mystery.

It's quite simple, really. If I miss out the WWW I get my 4/10 rating, but if I add it, it disappears. This is because everybody who links to it links to it without the WWW, which means nobody likes it with the WWW in. Why, What's Wrong with WWW? Doesn't seem anything wrong with it to me.

Anyway, that's enough of Witty Woman's Witterings for now. Things to do, people to not see (I'm a hermit, remember).

1 comment:

Anxious said...

You don't actually need the www bit and when you create a blog using Blogger, the url they give you comes without a www. Which is why people set up their links that way - it's the default for blogspot. If I right click on your page and select "View Page Info", it shows the url without the www.

There are more and more sites these days which don't have a www at the front. It has become a convention more than a necessity.

There is an ongoing debate about whether or not www is obsolete. I don't really understand it myself...